- This event has passed.
Saturday 9th April @ 11am sharp! (for a 11am – 12.30pm presentation
April 9 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
CV Presents: Navigating the increase of eating disorder presentations in counselling due to the pandemic.
Eating disorder presentations have increased significantly over the past 2 years, based on the triggering of a series of traits that are vulnerable to constant change.
Eating disorder services are overloaded and families are desperately searching for support wherever it is available. This has increased the presentation of Eating Disorders in our counselling rooms and services, and for many Counsellors, is leaving them with more questions on what to do next, than ways to support the people they are caring for.
This presentation will include;
- Why Eating Disorders have increased in counselling
- What this means for us as counsellors
- What it means for families
- What it means for a person with an eating disorder
- Some tips and tools that can help you as a professional
- Using any cases that you have faced in your practices as examples to apply these tools and tips
Natalie Wild is CEO and founder of Redefine Life and The Collaborative Space, Registered Counsellor, Counselling Supervisor, workshop trainer, Keynote Speaker, and is on the founding committee for Simple Steps Solutions Inc.
Natalie has been working in the mental health field since 2006, and specialises in Eating Disorders and creating/using basic tools to tackle issues from the ground up.
This will be followed by a Q & A and the option to participate in networking in small groups.